Faster = better
People don't like to wait, especially online.
If a web page takes too long to load, visitors simply leave and often don't come back.
'Slow' is the biggest frustration on the web.
Load time is directly related to the financial performance of the website.
Amazon noticed a 1% drop in sales for every 0.1 second the site loaded slower. In an AB test, Google raised the number of search results per page from 10 to 30. Load time went up from 0.5 to 0.9 seconds average. The number of search results and ad revenues dropped 20%!
Benefits of a fast website
- Better user experienceVisitors return more often and do more on your website.
- More revenuesAd impressions/clicks, sign ups and completed orders rise.
- Less costsYou need less server capacity and bandwidth.
- More traffic from GoogleHigher SERP positions, lower Adwords CPCs and more pages in the index.
- Better equipped to withstand big traffic spikesReduced risk of extreme slowness or down time